Web Analytics

My Truth Behind Ear Cartilage Piercing Healing Time


I have wanted to write about this topic of ear cartilage piercing for so long, but I decided to wait until my second piercing fully healed without the slightest pain or redness. First off let me tell you ear cartilage piercing is "NOT" for everyone, because of the long and sometimes unbearably painful healing process. Think long and hard before you get this procedure done because you will have to endure plenty of times when you are uncomfortable.
When it comes to ear cartilage piercing the best method to get it done by is a sterilized needle specially made for the ear. This type of needle will cut your approximate healing time by a few months and it is highly unlikely to shatter your cartilage like the piercing gun would. I got both of my piercings by the gun and I paid a major price because of it, it wasn't because I neglected my healing process. Once you find a place to get your ear pierced whether a tattoo shop, or place like Piercing Pagoda (Where I went) find out the best type of earrings to get. Since I had purchased 1 carat diamond stud earrings the year before I decided I would buy the stainless steel and wear them until I fully healed.
Once you get the piercing clean your piercing twice daily with the included ear solution and the piercing and care literature. You can also use alcohol if you prefer with Q-tips, both are good for cleaning and reducing redness at times. You should also turn the earring after each cleaning, this will help with loosening the hole and not allowing crust to buildup around the earring hole, (this is painful). PLEASE refrain from unnecessary touching, this can cause your pain to increase substantially. When sleeping try not to sleep and apply pressure to the pierced ear, it will hurt, get numb, hurt worse and turn red. Also while you are healing keep your hair away from your earrings, this can cause the hair to get caught up and wrapped around between your ear and the earring, and will hurt when removed and if not can cause infection.
Now for both of my piercings the healing time was approximately 6 months. The misconception that I had to fight through was that after 24 hours. If there is still pain and redness take the earrings out immediately and go to the E.R. "NOT for Me" I kept on with my cleaning regimen and never experienced long-lasting massive swelling or even infection at ALL. Now don't get me wrong it was a very painful experience that I decided to get done "Twice" up until about the 6 month period I rarely was without any type of discomfort.
This is my experience and opinions that I am sharing with you. If this seems too intense for you and your tolerance for pain you may want to try alternative ways to jazz up your ears like; ear cuffs or ear magnets where piercing is not needed. Either way which ever decision you choose, make sure it is what you want and will sacrifice to endure, Happy Piercing!
If you would like to read more informational material check out my blog by clicking here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes