Web Analytics

An Obesity Solution That Works Is Not Just About Exercise and Diets



Are you tired of the same obesity solution being told to you over and over again? Bear with me, because although we cannot simply wish the problem away, we don't have to sweat it either.
Prepare mentally
The key is mental preparation - there is no such thing as a "miracle" obesity solution. Our mind controls our body, and the hardest part of making a lifestyle change is getting the mind to commit to the process. Start reading and researching, by reading books or reading forums. Do not do anything while going through this preparation phase. Draw up an eating plan for a full six weeks, as well as a daily exercise program.
Personally I only exercise three times a week for thirty minutes, so it is not hard to commit to. Once all the preparation is done, including buying equipment if needed, set a target date by which you want to achieve your goal. Then subtract 6 weeks from it to get a start date. Try to make sure there are no major events in this six week period that upset the whole apple cart - like anniversaries, birthdays, big dinners etc. Once you have your start date the mind is committed and you can do it almost on auto pilot.
Some people also seem to have reservations about going to gym, and I share those reservations. I do not like gyms because of the extra time it takes to go there, change, shower and more. I also do not like the "gym scene" - I am not knocking it, it is just not for me. I bought a few dumb bells when I started and I literally fall out of bed and exercise at home first thing in the morning. It only takes thirty minutes and I hit the shower getting ready to go to work knowing my exercise is done and for the next 48 hours my body is burning fat repairing my muscles. As I progress I buy a few extra weight to keep increasing the load and maintaining the gain. Get your mind sorted and the rest will follow.
What the mind can conceive and believe will be the reality of your life - the new you awaits just around the corner.
Leon Nel is the Author of Fit in Forty Days. After more than 30 years of trying various diets and exercise programs, Leon finally developed the Fit in Forty Days program as permanent solution to his own weight problem.
For more articles (or training) on obesity [http://www.fitinfortydays.com/blog/obesity/obesityarticles-suggest-a-link-between-obesity-and-depression-fact-or-fiction.html] or to get your FREE Mini Course on how to Get fit and Healthy in forty days go to [http://www.FitinFortyDays.com].


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes