Web Analytics

The Seven Year Scratch





Are you looking to grow a beard? Do you like the idea or just need some attention? Well here you go for some inspiration. My first sign of whiskers, mom told me to shave. I didn't know how. Dad had a beard but never explained how to shave. Over the years I listened to 'mom'. I stop listening to a woman that doesn't have a beard. I now grow a long beard. Also, through the recession I had to give up buying Mach 3 razors and shaving cream (sarcasm).
Think twice to pulling a man's beard. In biblical time pulling a man's beard was and act of disrespect. The beard in Scripture teaches four simple things. One, pulling it is to inflict indignity. Two, if you have it forcibly cut off or mutilated is a symbol of disgrace. Three, if you remove it voluntarily is a sign of mourning. Four, when you stroke it is to express how important one's words or value or weight.
Enter story number one.
On a rare sunny day in Seattle, I was waiting for the light to change. I was heading up Pike St. near Pike's Place Market. It was a lovely day of people buying flowers, fruit or eating local food from the market stands. I was just enjoying a walk in this tourist trap. My beard was itching due the one year growth on the chin. The presence of a man breaking my personal bubble was near. I noticed in the corner of my eye, he was reaching into his back pocket. Leaning in my personal bubble space, he flips a wallet size picture at me. I frowned but I think he didn't notice. He had some age on me. I looked at the picture and my frown turned upside down. Wow! This man in the picture had a white beard that was down past his waist line. That was impressive. The beard was long and took on the shape of rectangle. I looked at him and realized there was no long beard on the man holding the picture. But the face I was looking at directly and the image on the picture were the same. I asked this stranger how long he had grown this long beard. He told me with a chuckle seven years. Again, I have been impressed. I walked away amazed. This kind stranger now had a white goatee. I wondered why he had cut the long impressive beard off. I will never know. As I walked home I decided on a goal. I will grow the beard for seven years being inspired by this nameless random stranger on the corner of Pike Street and 1st in Seattle
Do's and Don'ts
1. Don't Pull it. My hair follicles are attached to the skin.
2. Do not let it caught in a zipper or button. Carefully pull aside, pull around ear or place in mouth.
3. It's not there to use as a mouth wipe. Just not as effective as a napkin.
4. No tickling others or whipping others face. Just gross.
5. Expect senseless questions. An example would be"if I pull it, will it hurt?"
6. Don't look down on others with less of a beard or just can't grow one.
7. Don't cover your whole face. God gave you a beard and a face... so show it.
8. Don't chew it. Just nasty and no flavor.
9. Clean it from food particles. Do you like food in your head hair? I think not.
10. Accept compliments.
11. Apologize if a long hair is on dinner table or in food.
12. Don't pull.
13. Let people touch, pet or rub the beard. NO PULLING!!
14. Let people place it on their lip or bald head if their head is clean.
15. If you can't grow one, don't beat yourself up.
16. Run far away from women with a beard longer than yours. Better yet just run if she has a 3 o'clock shadow!
Visit: Http://www.DanielNunn.net. To learn how to get paid Blogging. Check out http://BigIdeaWithDaniel.info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes