Web Analytics

New Year New Me



It has been a while since I wrote my last article. During that period there has been a number of personal changes. The main one for me was relocating and changing jobs at the same time. This was the reason for the hiatus.
However in relation to trying to maintain a balanced diet, and a healthy lifestyle, it became very difficult, and unfortunately led to consuming foods high in saturated fat and salt, but the main nutrient that I loved as well was sugar.
I decided to make the change because i was on the bus journey home, and I was just so so tired, sluggish and fed up. I am not normally the type of person to feel that way, but it took me till that point to realise that something was wrong.
The first agenda I had to address was the lack of exercise. I stopped going to the gym because of relocating and adjusting to the new situation. so I decided researching into different gyms locally. Finally I found one, and i signed up the next day. I now regularly attend the gym, I try to aim for minimum of twice a week, but more than that is a bonus.
The second item on the agenda was diet, as explained earlier I love sugar, and really needed to cut down. Therefore the daily sugar intake needed reducing, otherwise the weight would had continued to increase regularly, which would had led to health problems later on in life ( wh did not want obviously) I started swapping high sugary food and drink for lower sugar options. For example swapping milk chocolate for dark chocolate, a sugary cereal for museli or porridge (depending on how I feel daily)
The third item on the agenda was portion control. when I moved into my new place, the portions I had were bigger than what I usually had previously. This was due to again, changes, and I got to the point that I would consume it, without thinking about if I was full or not.Therefore I decided to snack more, so that when it came to mealtimes, I would not have a big portion, I would have a smaller portion. This is because I am slightly full, due to the snack that I would have had earlier. The good thing about this is that overall i am saving calories on a daily basis, which would lead to weight loss later on in the coming weeks.
Other changes that I have made included drinking more water, as the body sometimes becomes confused into deciding if it is food or fluids. Our bodies are at least 70% water, so it is very important to try and consume as much fluids as possible, as we lo fluids on a regular basis. Also it can help determine if the body is actually dehydrated, rather than consuming a sugary food to help keep hunger at bay, which can help consume less calories, which in an effect can support weight loss.
Finally having at least eight hours of sleep is important, as studies have shown that having enough sleep, can help maintain weight. This is because the brain (if the body has enough sleep) would be better equipped to make better changes for the body, for example deciding if the body is hungry, craving for something sweet, or dehydrated. If the body has a lack of sleep, then the brain would find it difficult to decide these changes, so it could be that the brain may make the wrong decision, especially for the body, which in the long term could lead to weight gain
Another change that I have done was that I am not driving as often. This is because where I am working now there is no availability for parking. Therefore I have to take public transport, which means more walking, and less driving.
Overall as it is now the third month of the year, it is very important to make these changes above, so that by the time it is the summer period, hopefully there would be a little bit of weight loss, which would boost a bit of confidence.
I am a qualified nutritional advisor with 4 years experience. I can support people with weight management issues and general wellbeing. You can view me on either my website on http://www.livelongrocks.co.uk. Or you can view me on my blog http://www.livelongrocks.blogspot.com
Both of the above can help you with any nutritional support. Or if you have any queries you can, contact me through the websites above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes